Sunday, July 8, 2012

Carcassonne and Arles

This post will be short on words but long on images.

Yesterday, we visited Carcassonne, a 12th-century castle that was besieged during the Cathar crusade. We visited the towers and walked the ramparts. This is what toy castles would like if blown up life size. If I had a band, I would totally call it Murder Hole. Sadly, I turned into my mother by panicking any time Zoe approached a precipice. Too uncool to have a band now, I guess.

Today, we visited Arles, where Van Gogh painted over 300 paintings in a year. I was here twenty years ago, and remember windy squares right out of his paintings. The mission of rediscovering the past failed, however. We did not fun the same areas. Maybe they were inside me. Zoe said she remembered them from "when she was made of stars," ie, before she was born.

The Roman amphitheater was quite cool, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment